Thursday, June 30, 2011

Directing a Positive Mental Attitude to Your Life

Ref. Google Images bondwithkarla.com
As human beings we all want to be happy, but what holds us back from fulfilling this basic wish is that we don’t know how to go about doing so. “When the going gets tough, the though gets going” is a well known saying for all. For you to achieve your goal, all you have to do is have faith and rely on your abilities to achieve it.

Yesterday while in school, I came across our university library and while looking for a differential equation book which I need for reference, my eyes nailed on a book which was nearly falling down its rack.
I ponder for a moment if I’m going to take a look at it or just leave it alone. I decided to take a look at it because my inner curiosity told me so. :D

It is a nice book and I like it. The book talks about being an optimistic & a positive thinker. But somehow I felt unsatisfied with it. It only says that we should think positively in order to be successful. For me, only positive thinking is not good enough. Positive action and positive attitude must follow through the process conclusively. It is better to address positive thinking as positive mental attitude.

In this article, I've listed 6 ways on how to direct positive mental attitude to your life as it contributes not only towards goal achievement, but also to generate a happy enthusiastic atmosphere around you.

It is essential to have positive emotions forour health and happiness as this enhance efficiency in our day-to-day activities. This can be cultivated by means of deliberate effort. I know, because I've been practicing to have a positive mental attitude, and it really requires determination in order to acquire it.

What is to be remembered is that positive emotions and positive actions can only stem from positive thoughts.

What I’ve written below can help you generate positive emotions and positive thoughts.

Be Positively Selective
Be selective in what we read or listen. If what we filled in our minds are positives, so will be the output. A good company with productive, cheerful and optimistic people means a lot.

Use Positive words
Communication is powerful. One single word might affect your relationship with your listeners. Positive affirmations like “I am healthy and happy”, “I have a lot of energy”, “I am successful in whatever I do” and “I am surrounded by love” are some examples.

Choose your topic positively
Prefer positive talk. Greeting someone oreveryone warmly is a good act. Do not consider relative rank or status when you meet someone. When waking up in the morning, always say to yourself “this is a new day, I feel great”. Try this affirmation for a month and you’ll see tremendous difference. Do not discuss only daily tragedies becoming the news item. There are so many good things to talk about.

Learn to Smile & Laugh More Often
Laughter is considered as the best cure to all illness, and we know it as the best medicine. The good thing with this medicine is that it not only cures you but all those around you as well. Learn to smile more often. Smiling is a great way to make yourself stand out while helping your body to function better. Smile to improve your health, your stress level, and your attractiveness. It only takes 17 muscles to smile than 43 muscles if you frown.

Eliminate depression
Even if you feel like Heaven & Earth has forsaken you, don’t remain there. Depression is a sign of a negative aura, and it will do nothing good to you. Instead, redirect your thoughts to positive ones like remembering a pleasant memory of an outstanding achievement of yours.In a few moments you’ll feel that your depression slowly vanishing away.

Believe in Yourself and Your Goal
Think of a positive goal you want to achieve and write it down on a piece of paper. Look at is as often as possible. You may place it beside your bed or underneath your pillow so that you can view it whenever you wake up, or before going to sleep. Next thing is to plan on how you will achieve your goal. Specify a date and a time on when you will be able to achieve it. Acquire knowledge, and new skills to back-up your goal. Finally, maintain a positive mental attitude and remember to believe in yourself and all you want your life to be, because the challenges and changes will only help you to find the goals that you know are meant to come true for you. Keep on believing to yourself! :)


You may also read Manifesting Your Dream, or watch Dr. Alex Pattakos' s The Meaning of Positive Thinking.

6 comments:

Ronaldmohoni said...

seriously, your blog very high quality post. i like it. positive mental attitude? nice post.

Jael said...

thanks Nal. :)If you like to subscribe or follow my blog, feel free to do it for you to stay updated for my latest post.

lauyee said...

some positive words that I really like:
I'm blessed
Always look on the bright side of life :)

A very nice sharing Jael

here's my thought on the similar matter

Positive Thinking vs Wishful Thinking
http://www.lauyee.com/2010/12/positive-thinking-vs-wishful-thinking.html

Jael said...

thanks for sharing your link lauyee. I like your list of wishful thinking. :)just finish reading your post.

Kelvin said...

This is a very good post, keep it up:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice post!

Post a Comment