Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Power of Optimism

Ref. Google Images.trileafdesigns.com
Optimism is considered to be one of the most powerful attributes you need in order to become your best self and live your best life. It is the ability to see hope and stay positive in all situations and times no matter how dreary the present may be.

I’ve noticed that a lot of people have failed numerous times before succeeding. These are optimistic people, and instead of staying down after a major setback in their life, they gather up their energy and efforts into moving on.


Failures are not always bad. I consider this as the backdoor to success. It is an essential step on our road to become successful on things we are most passionate about. It is a lesson for us in order to know what should we do the next time we are to face the same problem.

Optimists think this way. They analyze the situation and think of ways on how they can change the outcome next time. They have the innate ability of bouncing back after failures and have the greater chance of succeeding every time they come back full of courage, perseverance, determination and initiative. They were the ultimate survivors.

“Becoming optimistic is relatively easy when things are going well”.
 It becomes a real deal when things are in chaos.

I once faced such problem that I almost give-up because I can’t seem to find a way how to solve it. That time, the only thing that motivates me is Mathematics. I am passionate about solving math problems and I came to realized that in solving mathematical problems, you can use a lot of methods and ways to arrive on one answer. The same method applies to the real world.

There are many ways how to solve a problem. This fact is a vital key for optimists to look at the future in a positive way. They shape their own future in the best possible manner they wanted by acknowledging failures and setbacks as temporary and not permanent. Well, this is actually right. Being down for a certain time is only temporary. What is permanent is our capability to stand up again. Our ability to learn, change, grow and adapt which are essential for personal growth. Personal growth happens when we encounters difficulties in life. In order to overcome such difficulties, we need those abilities I’ve mentioned awhile to stand up once again and continue moving forward. And once we overcome the difficulties we have, we may also be able to discover our true potential.

Optimism is crucial to reach our true potential as a human being. This is by nature overcoming the obstacles we face as we become the best that we can be. By believing in our potentials and abilities are we able to fully discover and reach the highest level that we are capable of.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill




Looking for personal development ebooks? View free ebooks here.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that quote by Winston Churchill. I believe optimism plays a major role in one's life. I have even read it can lengthen your life!

Jael said...

You're right. According to researches, optimists tend to live a longer life. This is what I need.lol Anyway, thanks Lisa for your very sensible comment. =)

Balqis DBJ said...

I'm happy to know that you are an optimist, Jael. Love this post. Thanks for sharing. :)

Jael said...

Thanks Balqis. Being an optimist is very challenging. Sometimes I almost gave up. But this attitude of mine helps me a lot to overcome all those hardship and look at the difficulties in my life in a positive perspective. =)

Unknown said...

This is a good post to read early in the morning before work starts! :D

Jael said...

Thanks Jamie! Be inspired and be optimistic. It will lead you to success. =D

Bella said...

Wow, I'm blown away with this post. Thank you for posting this and I love that quote by Winston Churchill. Thankfully, I'm an optimist, and it does make life's challenges a little easier to deal with because I always look at the silver lining when there's nothing good that appears to come out of something.

Thanks for following! I'm following you as well, and thanks for commenting.

Jael said...

Good to know that you're also an optimist. I believe that every man has the potential to become his best self and we can achieve that by looking at the positive side of every difficulties we face. I post this article because I want to make an impact in the life of others. I want to fill the world with conscious people. And by fulfilling that, I know I can make the world a much better place to live in. =)

Abouts Mesothelioma said...

Great Post give me inspiration :)

Jael said...

Thank you so much. =)

p. wit said...

I must admit, It's hard for me to think positively. It's like I was born to think in a slightly negative shade... I'm trying to think negatively in a fun way though. So that kinda evens out things.

The Health Revival said...

Very inspiring post - thank you. I am one of those who tends to see the difficulty in the opportunity, but I'm acutely aware and am working diligently to change my outlook. It's nice to have the reminder and get that little kick in the pants now and again... :)

Obat Keputihan said...

good posting about The Power of Optimism

Post a Comment